Thursday 8 May 2014

In the wake of the #‎bringbackourgirls‬ campaign I have been reading a lot from women in the global south and heir daily experiences of sexism and misogyny. The stories are the same women start succeeding and bam some group or the other starts to call their sanity, sexuality and morality into question. 

I spent the day reading a book about what women in south India have to face when they become visible in universities. The setting is different and the kind of violence is different the oppression is the same. Our sisters in Nigeria want what we do - education, this has been twisted to the advantage of those who oppress them. I will be with my sisters protesting in Manchester I urge you to join the campaign in whatever capacity you can. In solidarity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment